Post-Surgery Reflections: Yay for Gender Dysphoria Reduction! (My Nonbinary Update)
This is Part Two in my “Post-Surgery Reflections” series, where I discuss having undergone a trans-affirming surgery from the perspective of a nonbinary gender therapist.
In “Yay for Gender Dysphoria Reduction!” I share:
– Discussing what is gender dysphoria.
– How long it’s been since I’ve known my chest didn’t fit who I was.
– In what ways I experienced discomfort (physical and emotional) with my chest.
– What I’ve done over the years to try to cope with my chest discomfort.
– Why this feels right for “Dara.”
– One of the surprises I’ve experienced so far, regarding my results.
– Looking to the future: exploring chest support, focusing on other areas of health
– Why I think it’s important to share my journey with you!
– How my feminine/masculine energy is in moving into more balance now.
– How the feeling of disconnect from my body is resolving itself.
– Tips for those who are considering getting surgery to change your chest.
Watch Part One: Procedure & Recovery here
Watch Part Three: Caregiver Duties & Partner Support