Post-Surgery Reflections: Caregiver Duties & Partner Support (My Nonbinary Update)
This is Part Three in my “Post-Surgery Reflections” series, where I discuss having undergone a gender-affirming surgery from the perspective of a nonbinary gender therapist.
In “Caregiver Duties & Partner Support” I share:
– Updates on how my physical recovery is going & search for more post-surgical support
– How my partner and I made sure to schedule the surgery for when it worked best for both of us
– What my partner’s primary caregiver responsibilities were the first few days after surgery (physical & emotional support)
– Why it’s important to be able to “go with the flow” of life during recovery
– How she felt leading up to my surgery, as well as her reaction afterwards