Post-Surgery Reflections: Procedure & Recovery (My Nonbinary Update)
This is Part One in my “Post-Surgery Reflections” series, where I discuss having undergone a trans-affirming surgery from the perspective of a nonbinary gender therapist.
In “Procedure & Recovery” I share:
– What surgery was performed and why I had it done
– What steps I took to get as healthy as possible leading up to the surgery
– Details about the surgery & the results
– What I did during my recovery to ensure proper healing
– Pain & discomfort levels experienced
– Timeline of increasing range of motion with my arms
– The 2 things that are most difficult for me not to be able to do yet
– 3 items you can use to help with healing after surgery
– How I was able to fund my healing supplies & copay
– How the post-surgical binder feels
– How my first appointment after the surgery went
Watch Part Two: Yay for Gender Dysphoria Reduction!
Watch Part Three: Caregiver Duties & Partner Support