September 14, 2017 In For Trans Affirming Therapists, Gender Questioning
Interview with the “Pride Connections” Podcast
Interview with: Pride Connections podcast, “Chatting with a Gender Therapist,” Episode #19. Hosted by Melissa DaSilva, LICSW.
Date of release: September 11, 2017
Episode length: 31 minutes
In this episode Melissa discusses with Dara:
- The upcoming publication of You and Your Gender Identity: A Guide to Discovery, including how it can be helpful for therapists to use with their clients.
- What pain point Dara kept in mind when writing You and Your Gender Identity.
- How Dara balances having an online presence as a transgender/nonbinary educator along with having a private practice.
- Why the work Dara does feels like a “calling.”
- What is a gender therapist? As a mental health professional, when is the right time to claim you are a gender therapist?
- What are the beginning stages like of increasing your transgender awareness as a therapist?
- The answer to the question, “What got you to where you are today?” Including my visit to a shaman. 🙂
- Why Melissa thinks Dara should start a podcast!
- Who are Dara’s inspirations?
- Dara’s role not only as a therapist, but as a “trailblazer.”
- What advice Dara has for people who want to become change-makers.
Click here to listen!