Let’s be honest. I created this site first and foremost for YOU.
Making the world a better place for those who are trans/transgender/gender nonconforming is a guiding light that I return to every time I write a post, create a video, counsel a client, and conduct a training.
How about the education and resources that I have on this site for your family, friends, allies, employers, educators, etc.? Yep, all of them were created and selected with YOU and your needs in mind.
*This includes “binary” identities such as MtF, FtM, trans men, and trans women, as well as non-binary identities such as gender-neutral, gender queer, gender fluid, gender non-conforming, and agender.
HERE ARE A FEW POSTS TO GET YOU STARTED:
Also, keep in mind I am also available to work with on an individual or group basis.
ADDITIONAL TRANS RESOURCES
There are a lot of other great sites out there with information worth checking out. Here are a few that I recommend:
- Advocacy/Civil Rights: National Center for Transgender Equality, Transadvocate
- Legal Issues: Transgender Legal Defense and Education, Transgender Law and Policy Institute, Transgender Law Center, Sylvia Rivera Law Project, Lambda Legal: Transgender Rights
- Medical: Center of Excellence for Transgender Health, Transsexual and Transgender Care, “Finding Insurance for Transgender Related Health Care”, “These Insurers Offer Transgender Health Care Coverage“
- Military: SPARTA
- Non-Binary Gender/agender/gender fluid: Gender Queer, Beyond the Binaries, Agender, GenderQueer Identities, Gender.org, Genderfork, Genderweird
- Sexuality: How Trans Women are Reclaiming Their Orgasms
- Spiritual and Religious Issues: TransFaith Online
- Trans/Gender-Variant Youth: Trans Youth Equality Foundation, Gender Spectrum, Camp Aranu’tiq for Transgender & Gender-Variant Youth, The Trevor Project
- Trans People of Color: Trans People of Color Coalition
- Transitioning: Transsexual (TS) Road Map, Matt Kailey’s Tranifesto
- Transitioning (MtF): Laura’s Playground, Susan’s Place
- Transitioning (FtM): FtM Top Surgery, Hudson’s FTM Resource Guide
- Workplace: Coming Out at the Workplace as Transgender, FAQ About Transgender Workplace Rights
YOUTUBE VIDEOS OF INTEREST